Hartlepool Art Studio Ltd. is an award winning nonprofit charity based in Hartlepool, with a variety of projects including Artrium, Artrium Gallery and an Outreach program called Artefacts.
We focus on providing person centred social care services for people with learning disabilities, mental ill health and other needs by utilisiing art as an approach to transforming lives one day at a time.
We grew from an idea created by people attending a social services drop-in centre that catered for people experiencing problems with mental health and eventually expanded into new premises in 2005 where we currently reside.
Our members, volunteers and staff have drawn on each other’s experiences to create a friendly and stable environment in which to express their creativity. No one is judged. No one is stigmatised. The studio is a hive of creativity for all to experience.
- Breaking down the stigma and barriers associated with mental ill health
- Improving mental health and wellbeing
- Accredited training, education and personal development of all that use our service
- Promoting social inclusion
- Providing a focal point
- Creating a partnership between local residents, agencies and health care specialists
- Providing employment opportunities for local artists
- Supporting World Mental Health Day